I’m way behind on sending thank you cards. My excuse is that I refuse to buy them in a store, and even if I do, I get the “where’s my hand made card?” response. I took some Saturday time to make a bunch of cards, which are still sitting here because now I need stamps. Anyway, using the Grand Calibur™ and new Spellbinders™ die templates I whipped out a bunch bouquet of cards assembly line style.
I was determined not to dip into my 12×12″ papers, but to use up scraps. I have a ton of purple Worldwin cardstock, Basic Grey (I made an 8×8″ album for a friend and have so many scraps) and I got a great deal on these ‘Thank You’ rub-ons when a store went out of business. OK, so I had to cut the card backs, but that doesn’t count, right?
Real quick – this is how to make a dozen cards with scraps and the Grand Calibur. The die templates I used are new Spellbinders S5-024 Labels Twenty-One; S4-324 Ribbon Banners and the Donna Salazar Collection’s S5-050 Rose Creations. Rub-ons are older Reminisce, and the card backs are Worldwin cover stock, and Glimmer Mist in Haunted Shadow and Apple.
First I lined up the die templates on my Grand Calibur mat, they all fit! This means only one cut/emboss sequence per card! If I were to use a Wizard™ or other ‘standard’ sized machine, it would take 3 passes per card.
Since I had room, I cut 4 of the Banner Basics in each pass, I just love them and they’ll be good to have on hand for another project.
Next step, assemble the roses. I mixed and matched the purples and used sparkly brads from Creative Impressions. The leaves, labels and banners were edged with an ink pad. The leaves were also spritzed with Glimmer Mist.
The flat flowers were not working for me. I folded the petals up and in to give the flowers some dimension. Then I sprayed some purple Glimmer Mist onto my mat and tapped and dragged the edges of the flower. This is quick and there is no reason to fuss about perfection in this step.
See, it makes a huge difference and it doesn’t matter if they are all slightly different.
I pushed the brad through the labe to attach the rose, then used SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L™ 3D Foam Squares on the leaves and MyStik™ Mounting Squares to adhere the labels to the cards, and the Ribbon Banners on top of the labels.
Each rose and label is different, but that’s ok, nobody will know but you and me!
And nobody will know that I used up some stash very nice paper!
They’ll just be shocked to actually get something from me!!
Thank You for stopping by!!