The other day Spellbinders™ held a card making activity for the office folks, you know, the accounting, product development, customer service and everyone else behind the scenes, including the guys and the bosses! The challenge was to make a card in less than an hour. This is my entry –
There were several comments on the Spellbinders blog post asking for larger images so NOW you can see it!
And to prove that you CAN do it in less than an hour, here are the instructions- sorry I don’t have step photos!
- Create white card base 4.25 x 5.5″, with top fold.
- Emboss 4.25 x 5.5 “white cardstock with Spellbinders M-Bossabilities™ folder ES-001 Simplicity in the Spellbinders Grand Calibur® machine. Trim around embossed design edge, attach to card front with SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L™ 3D Foam Squares.
- Cut/emboss Floral Ovals #3 (#1 is the smallest) with white cardstock and Wings of Hope Butterfly with patterned paper. For both die cuts, leave the paper in the die and apply ink through the openings of the die template like a stencil. I also added some ink to the edges of the Floral Oval.
- Stamp the greeting into the Floral Oval with the same ink. Attach Floral Oval with 3D Foam Squares.
- Bend the Butterfly wings, add 3D Foam Squares to the body and attach to card.
- Add pearls to Butterfly body, Floral Oval and lower right corner.
Its pretty easy, and I probably spent more time fussing about which patterned paper and ink to use than anything else!
These are my supplies:
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine, S5-101 Wings of Hope,ES-001 Simplicity, S4-356 Floral Ovals
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L 3D Foam Squares -White, Small
- Fancy Pants Designs “Feathered” paper from Its the Little Things Collection
- Clearsnap Colorbox Turquoise & Stylus with blending foam
- Creative Impressions Bits of Bling Pearls
- Quietfire Designs – stamp
On my schedule today:
Run 5 miles
Get Corned Beef cookin’ in the crock pot
Drink a green beer or 2…
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!